The Religious Coalition, Frederick County, and the City of Frederick, are partnering to provide rental assistance to those directly impacted by COVID-19.
If you have experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19 and are behind on your rent, The Religious Coalition may be able to help you with rental assistance. Beginning July 13, Frederick County residents may begin applying for assistance in paying back rent resulting from the COVID crisis.
You can apply beginning July 13, 2020 at 8am.
Application deadline will be extended until further notice.
For those without access to the web, please call 301-631-2670 Ext. 127 for information on how to apply. Spanish speakers should call 301-631-2670 Ext. 128.
Funding is limited and every household may not receive assistance.
To be eligible:
- You must be renting in Frederick County
- You must have lost income or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19
- You must not have a pending eviction prior to March 31, 2020
- You must meet the following income guidelines:
*Income is based on CURRENT income. Does not apply to previous or future income.
You are not eligible if:
- Your hardship was not caused directly by COVID
- You live in public housing
- You receive other government rental assistance (Section 8, Housing Choice Vouchers, etc.)
- You received an eviction notice THAT IS STILL UNPAID prior to March 31, 2020
- Frederick County ID
- Copy of your current lease or rental agreement signed by your landlord
- Proof of ALL income in the house (Paystubs, Unemployment benefits, Bank statements showing direct deposits, SSI or SSDI statements).
- Proof of COVID related hardship
- Loss of income due to reduction in hours (paystubs)
- Unemployment as a result of COVID (Claim or award letter)
- Letter from employer verifying loss of income/employment due to COVID
- Proof of reduction in childcare due to COVID from daycare provider or children’s school
- Personal Sworn Affidavit
- Letter of delinquency or rental ledger which details the month and amounts behind on rent
If you are not eligible for the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program, you may still contact 301-631-2670 for information regarding non-COVID rental assistance. Spanish speakers should call 301-631-2670 Ext. 128.
You may also email [email protected] with any questions about applying for other emergency assistance that is available.
For more information:
Visit our website at www.thereligiouscoalition.org
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 301-631-2670 Ext. 127
Spanish speakers should call 301-631-2670 Ext. 128.