The Religious Coalition, Frederick County, and the City of Frederick, are partnering to provide rental assistance.

As the eviction moratorium expires today, the Religious Coalition wants to remind all Frederick County residents who are struggling to pay rent to contact us for assistance. Whether you were or were not affected by COVID-19, if you are behind in rent now or in 2021, the Coalition may be able to help.

Application deadline is extended until further notice.

For those without access to the web, please call 301-631-2670 Ext. 127 for information on how to apply. Spanish speakers should call 301-631-2670 Ext. 128.

Funding is limited and every household may not receive assistance.

 The City of Frederick Logo


To be eligible:

  • You must be renting in Frederick County

Required Documentation:

  • Frederick County ID
  • Copy of your current lease or rental agreement signed by your landlord 
  • Proof of ALL income in the house (Paystubs, Unemployment benefits, Bank statements showing direct deposits, SSI or SSDI statements). 
  • Proof of  hardship 
    • Loss of income due to reduction in hours (paystubs)
    • Unemployment (Claim or award letter)
  • Letter of delinquency or rental ledger which details the month and amounts behind on rent

Rental Assistance Application


Please Note: application must be submitted with the required documents linked below.
Application deadline will be extended until further notice.

Required Documents for Application


You will need to submit both the Consent for Release of Information Form and the HMIS Release Form for the Rental Assistance Application. We have provided a PDF version or a Word Doc version for you to download and fill out. You will need to upload these completed documents during the application process. Application deadline will be extended until further notice.

You may also email [email protected] with any questions about applying for other emergency assistance that is available.


For more information:

Visit our website at 

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 301-631-2670 Ext. 127
Spanish speakers should call 301-631-2670 Ext. 128.